Thursday 18 October 2007

Carrie Underwood on Haters, Idol, Country Authenticity, and Blah Blah Blah

Carrie Underwood on Haters, Idol, Country Authenticity, and Blah Blah Blah
On the eve of her big new album, Carnival Ride, American Idol winner/ CMA-AMA-PCA sweeper/ music industry savior Carrie Underwood grants a gabby interview/cover story to Entertainment Weekly, which I link to here to appease the Underwood minions who reacted less than charitably to my assesment of her "talent" during the Academy of Country Music (or was it the Country Music Academy) Awards.
Quoth Carrie:
"I've learned this, that haters wanna hate. You could sing a song perfectly, you could write the songs perfectly, and some people are absolutely going to hate you. I heard, like, on live shows, people thought I was lip-synching. Which, I guess, hey, if they think it sounds that good that they think I'm lip-synching, I'll take it. Whatever. I know there's a certain point where I have to just be like, 'Forget it, I don't care.' And I do care.
Insert punchline here---> ________________.

No comments: